Current ICMWK post
Recent ICM trials/studies
1. Long term quality of life in severe sepsis survivors, assessed by analysis of PROWESS-SHOCK and ACCESS trials.
2. Initiation Strategies for Renal-Replacement Therapy in the Intensive Care Unit. Early or delayed RRT?
3. Beta lactam infusions look like the right mode of delivery. Continuous versus Intermittent B-lactam Infusion in Severe Sepsis
4. RESCUEicp needs reading carefully re decompressive craniectomy for traumatic brain injury.
5. The VANISH Randomized Clinical Trial looked at vasopressin ‘v’ noradrenaline in septic shock with AKI.
Recent FOAMcc selection
- Current thinking on Sepsis-related AKI from PulmCCM
- Managing upper GI bleeding, the St.Emlyn’s way
- Dealing with tamponade – do’s and don’ts (like intubation) by Resus.me.
- Using echo carefully, at arrests, by EMNerd.
- Guidelines for the withdrawal of life-sustaining measures 2016, from Canada
- Brain trauma foundation updated guidelines 2016
- NICE trauma guidelines 2016. (and Comment from St.Emlyn’s.)
- New difficult airway guidelines from DAS
- New bronchiolitis guidelines from NICE and commentary from PM Geek
- European resus council new guidelines – and a summary of changes.
- Prehospital management of chest injury, consensus statement from RCSEd
- SSC and ISTH guidelines on post-partum haemorrhage coagulopathy
- NICE guidance on rehabilitation after critical illness
- Canadian critical care nutrition guidelines